Sales Development Representative (Contract)
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
About the Sales Development Representative (CONTRACT) Role
The Sales Development Representative is an exciting opportunity for individuals that are interested in starting a career in sales. The Sales Development Representative is a role, within Study.com’s Academic Institution Sales Organization, that plays a key role in qualifying leads at the initial stages of the sales funnel. The SDR will research potential clients/prospects, connect with and educate potential clients/prospects and qualify all leads before handing them off to the Partnerships Team.
This entry-level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process both outbound/inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
- Nurture new outbound marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a Partnerships Team member
- Prospect into target accounts generated by variety of outside sources
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to Partnerships Team members
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Identify key stakeholders, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set up discussions/presentations for Partnerships Team members when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate and aggressive activity and lead qualification in Study.com’s CRM application
- 1+ year of successful experience in (telephone prospecting), preferably in Ed Tech
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- Desire to develop into a quota-carrying sales position
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
In exchange for your services, we provide:
Payment: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal. This position is paid at $15/hour.
Support: Access to a super supportive in-house team to answer your questions and lend a hand