Freelance Academic Writing - Copyeditor (Contract)
Academic Question Copyeditor (Contract)
Study.com is looking for Academic Question Copyeditors to edit student-submitted questions so that they are easily legible and conceptually accurate. This is an online, remote contract position. We have thousands of academic questions in multiple topics to choose from, so come help us impact our students' learning experiences with your expert knowledge, writing talent, and enthusiasm for adding value to their education.
The Content Questions project is designed to offer unique, informative answers to questions that students are asking. Academic Question Copyeditors evaluate and update these student-submitted questions, ensuring their accuracy and clarity for subject matter experts to answer. Our ideal Copyeditor understands the topic they're reviewing titles for and can spot and fix typographical and subject-matter errors. As a part of our mission to impact student learning, you'll be responsible for:
- Revising content to provide subject-matter experts with clear, complete, and accurate questions.
- Prioritizing content to respond to current students as quickly as possible.
- Formatting content, images, graphs, and other elements necessary for question completeness.
- Education: You have a minimum of a 2-year degree or sufficient copyediting experience
- Experience: You have experience writing or copyediting content.
- Skills: You will need excellent reading and writing skills using correct English grammar and mechanics.
- Competency: Ability to re-phrase and organize poorly written questions
- Communication: This role requires reliable judgment, strong communication skills, and being responsive to feedback.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- You have 1-3 years' copyediting or copywriting experience.
- You have performed copyediting or copywriting for academic content.
- You have expertise in one or more of the following subjects: Business, Physics, Math/Statistics, Sciences, Psychology, Economics, or Accounting
- You have experience using LaTeX code, creating or editing images and graphs, or properly formatting computer code.
Do you think you can be an Academic Question Copyeditor for Study.com? Click “Apply Now” at the bottom to fill out an application and submit your resume!
What we offer:
- Reliable Payments: You'll receive payments twice a month and automated invoicing for your work.
- Remote Work: This is a fully online contracted work-from-home opportunity.
- Flexibility: Basically, there are no requirements! Work when you want, where you want, as often as you want, with no minimums/maximums.
- Support: Our supportive staff is available answer your questions and help you get up and running.
The Contract Process
- Complete the application and submit with your resume.
- Applications are approved and contracts sent on Wednesdays.
- Submit the contract within the 5-day signing window.
- The following Wednesday, you’ll receive onboarding instructions.
You can view a step-by-step overview of the contract process here: How to Become a Freelancer with Study.com
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we’ve become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come write for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021!
Here's what a past contractor had to say about working with us:
One of the best things about Study.com is creating content that is actually helpful and useful to students of all ages. You get to research really interesting educational topics and impart the info you learn to others, which will help them make big life decisions when it comes to their education and careers. - Khristian
Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends you think would be interested, too.