Copy Editor (Contract)
- United States
- Entry Level
Online Lesson Reviewer (Contract)
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible and highly valuable. Our lesson reviewers ensure we’re providing rich, quality lessons to our students. We’re looking for copyeditors and content reviewers to help contribute to our library of engaging online lessons by reviewing lessons in the following subjects:
- Social Science
You’ll review lessons that include SEO-optimized section headings to ensure they contain clear and relevant content and confirm it follows the provided outline. You’ll verify the following:
- Lesson is between 1000-2000 words
- Content follows pedagogical best practices and educates in a logical and coherent way
- Includes a descriptive title relevant to the lesson
- Lesson culminates in a brief summary that emphasizes key concepts and prepares students for a short quiz
- Lessons are factually accurate (you’ll use instructor-provided sources to fact check)
- Lesson contains relevant, short, targeted answers for 2-6 academic FAQs
You can choose what you want to work on from a pool of lessons covering a variety of topics, including humanities, math, and science. This is a collaborative role that requires instructors and reviewers to work together to develop high quality lessons.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have very strong editing skills
- You have familiarity with online educational content
- You’re committed to providing high-quality, accurate information
- You have a working knowledge of online research methods
- You have excellent communication skills and are responsive and collaborative
- You have performed copyediting or written academic course or lesson content
- You have 1-3 years’ copyediting/reviewing experience
- You have experience with HTML, Wiki code, Latex, and imaging software
What We Offer
- Reliable Payments: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal. All work is paid per piece. Per piece rates vary based on complexity and length of content.
- Independence: No waiting, no assignments, and a massive library of lessons for you to choose from
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, at any time, completely online
- Supportive Staff: Access to a supportive in-house team to answer your questions
The Contract Process
- Complete the application and submit with your resume.
- If your application is approved, we'll email you a link to a contract, and your second step is to read it over and sign it.
- The following week, you'll receive emails with access information and project documentation. Your third step is to follow the instructions to set up your accounts and get started on your project.
You can view a step-by-step overview of the contract process here: How to Become a Freelancer with Study.com
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we’ve become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come write for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021! Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends you think would be interested, too.