English Literature Lesson Writer (Contract)
Online Lesson Writer - English & Literature (Contract)
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible and highly valuable. Our English & Literature lesson writers develop rich, quality lessons for students from middle school to college level. We’re looking for instructors, course developers, and educational copywriters to contribute to our library of engaging online lessons.
Given a lesson outline with optimized section headings and content prompts, you’ll create an engaging written lesson between 1000-2000 words as well as a descriptive title for the lesson. Each lesson will culminate in a brief summary to emphasize key concepts and prepare students for a short quiz. You’ll also write short, targeted answers for 2-6 preselected FAQs related to your lesson.
You can choose what you want to work on from a pool of lesson outlines covering a wide variety of English & Literature topics. You will perform research to support the information in your lesson.
- You have a bachelor's degree related to English/Literature
- You have very strong writing skills
- You have familiarity with online educational content
- You're committed to providing high-quality, accurate information
- You have a working knowledge of online research methods
- You have excellent communication skills and are responsive and collaborative
- You have developed online academic course or lesson content
- You have 1-3 years' teaching experience at the middle school, high school and/or college level AND/OR an advanced degree
- You have experience with HTML, Wiki code, Latex, or imaging software
What We Offer
- Reliable Payments: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal. All work is paid per piece. Per piece rates vary based on complexity and length of content.
- Independence: No waiting, no assignments, and a massive library of lessons for you to choose from.
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, at any time, completely online.
- Supportive Staff: Access to a supportive in-house team to answer your questions
The Contract Process
- Complete the application and submit with your resume.
- If your application is approved, we'll email you a link to a contract, and your second step is to read it over and sign it.
- The following week, you'll receive emails with access information and project documentation. Your third step is to follow the instructions to set up your accounts and get started on your project.
You can view a step-by-step overview of the contract process here: How to Become a Freelancer with Study.com
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we’ve become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come write for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021!
Here's what past contractors had to say about working with us:
"The flexibility makes it a win, regardless of your schedule. " – Jenni
"Being a writer for Study.com has been a very positive experience for me and has helped me become a better writer and researcher. And you will be doing work that matters, too." – Khristian
Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends you think would be interested, too.