Business Expert Copyeditor (Contract)
- Reviewing & Editing
Business Content Copyediting
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible and highly valuable. Our business content reviewers ensure we’re providing rich, quality information to our students. We’re looking for copyeditors and content reviewers to help contribute to our extensive repository of short answers to academic business-related questions by reviewing content for accuracy and proper grammar.
You’ll proofread and review short-form content to ensure it provides a correct answer with sufficient explanatory information. You’ll verify the following:
Answers are directly related to the question and contain accurate information
Content contains no spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors
Assets include a section that provides additional context without revealing the answer
Each answer is mapped to a highly relevant lesson from our online lesson library
You can choose what you want to work on from a pool of Q&A assets related to business concepts. This is a collaborative role that requires expert writers and reviewers to work together to develop high quality content.
- You have expert knowledge in business and related fields (accounting, finance, management, etc.)
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have very strong editing skills
- You have familiarity with online educational content
- You’re committed to providing high-quality, accurate information
- You have a working knowledge of online research methods
- You have excellent communication skills and are responsive and collaborative
- You have performed copyediting or written academic content
- You have 1-3 years’ copyediting/reviewing experience
- You have experience with HTML, Wiki code, Latex, and imaging software
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
What We Offer
- Reliable Payments: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal.
- Independence: No waiting, no assignments, and a massive library of answers for you to choose from
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, at any time, completely online
- Supportive Staff: Access to a supportive in-house team to answer your questions
The Contract Process
Complete the application and submit with your resume.
If your application is approved, we'll email you a link to a contract, and your second step is to read it over and sign it.
The following week, you'll receive emails with access information and project documentation. Your third step is to follow the instructions to set up your accounts and get started on your project.
You can view a step-by-step overview of the contract process here: How to Become a Freelancer with Study.com
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we’ve become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come edit for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021!
Here's what a past contractor had to say about us:
One of the best things about Study.com is creating content that is actually helpful and useful to students of all ages. You get to research really interesting educational topics and impart the info you learn to others, which will help them make big life decisions when it comes to their education and careers. - Khristian
Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends you think would be interested, too.