Remote Tutor - Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics (Contract)
Want to get paid to teach subjects you love from the comfort of your own home? Need flexibility to choose your own hours?
100% Online Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics) Tutor Role
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible to students everywhere. Our contract math and statistics tutors use an online chat portal to communicate with students in real time and respond to math-related academic and homework questions. Tutors can select their own schedule and work from anywhere, entirely online, and unlike other online tutoring jobs, we pay you for your time, not the number of sessions you tutor!
You’ll sign up for a tutoring time slot that fits your schedule and be available to respond to student questions via online chat sessions or by responding to questions students submit to our Answers portal.
You may need to screenshare to walk students through a problem, assess a student's comprehension level, and identify any difficulties the student has in following the calculations and solutions.
- You have expert knowledge of general business and related subjects, including at least one of the following: finance, accounting, economics.
- You can clearly explain finance, accounting, and/or economics concepts at a college level.
- You have experience tutoring high school and/or college students.
- You’re able to commit to scheduled tutoring sessions; you choose the window of your availability.
Our tutors are passionate about helping students succeed in their academic journey. Each tutor delivers information clearly, accurately, and in a friendly and helpful manner. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with online tutoring
- Working knowledge of whiteboard technology and/or screen sharing
What We Offer
- Reliable Payments: Timely, reliable payments twice a month via PayPal. All tutoring work is paid on an hourly rate.
- Independence: Choose tutoring time slots based on your schedule.
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, completely online.
- Supportive Staff: You'll have access to a supportive in-house team to answer your questions.
The Contract Process
- Complete the application and submit with your resume.
- Applications are approved and contracts sent on Wednesdays.
- Submit the contract within the 5-day signing window and agree to a background check.
- Once the background check clears, you'll be sent login information, onboarding instructions and orientation materials to get started.
Who We Are
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we’ve become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come work for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021!